Breathe Special Nature Journal

Creative ways to connect with the natural world

Article

Do you feel connected to nature? Can it really be beneficial to your wellbeing? Whether you’re an avid gardener or don’t even have a window box, whether you love the outdoors or are an advocate of city living, this journal is filled with simple ways to awaken your senses to the natural world and nurture that connection. Keep it with you and use it to record observations, create plans, display findings, recall memories or simply to reflect on what nature means to you. And as you begin to slow down and notice your surroundings, perhaps you’ll see that engaging with nature doesn’t mean you need to climb mountains. Choose tree-lined roads to walk down, look for fractal patterns in bark, notice birds migrating, keep a beautiful stone on your desk. Any connection, however small, holds the potential to uplift and inspire.

Responses (6)

1. Sharon Fox
    March 22, 2018 at 2:24 am · Reply

Hello, I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I get the Breathe Magazine at Barnes & Noble. The other day I stopped to see if they had the Nature Journal. They did not and could not tell me if they were going to get it in. Is there a way to find if a store near me has this journal? Thank you, Sharon Fox

• Josh
      April 3, 2018 at 8:35 am · Reply

Hello Sharon, yes Barnes & Noble will be getting the Nature Journal, but it goes on sale about 4 weeks later than in the UK. It should be available from around the 10th April. If you have trouble getting a copy, you can order direct from us here: https://www.breathemagazine.com/specials/

2. Michelle
    July 4, 2018 at 1:56 am · Reply

I currently have a digital subscription , is this issue part of the subscription?
    Thanks,
    Michelle in Austin, Texas

• Laura Bird
      July 9, 2018 at 1:54 pm · Reply

Hi Michelle, unfortunately as this is a special edition it is not part of your subscription. Best wishes from the Breathe team

3. Miriam Rogers
    July 29, 2018 at 1:32 pm · Reply

Is there space for writing in this journal? I have started a gratitude journal but want more than a blank note book. I’ve not noticed the book in my usual stockist

• Josh
      July 30, 2018 at 11:08 am · Reply

Hi Miriam, there is space for writing in this journal, but it is based on writing prompts about nature, not just blank space for your own thoughts. I hope this makes sense and is helpful to you.